Accelerating the translation of research to health products
A program of Dell Medical School in collaboration with the Cockrell School of Engineering, College of Natural Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Office of Technology Commercialization at The University of Texas at Austin. We welcome Seton Healthcare Family as our strategic partner for the 2016-2017 Texas Health Catalyst cycle.
Texas Health Catalyst aims to:
- Identify promising translational research that has the potential to become a value-based health product.
- Provide timely and customized guidance on the research and development pathway from industry and clinical experts.
- Grant seed funding for exceptional projects that may otherwise not have a source for support.
Benefits to Applicants:
Awardees can receive up to $100K to help advance their research but the benefits of the program extend far beyond the award grant.
- All applicants receive customized feedback regarding the merits of their research project, potential roadblocks in their clinical translation plan and how to address some of these barriers.
- During the consultation phase, applicants work closely with experienced industry experts who provide not only specific strategic, regulatory and marketing expertise, but also introductions to potential collaborators, licensing targets and sources of funding.
- The customized guidance offered at each stage during the program can help hone clinical development strategies, improve market potential and build momentum to help to move these solutions from bench to bedside.
▼ How to Apply